Mill Creek Campground
Mill Creek Campground sites are located along Mill Creek, with its pleasant mix of Douglas-firs, cedars, and maples providing a pleasant backdrop and shade in the heat of summer. The gurgle of the creek is audible throughout the small campground. This is a popular fishing location for rainbow trout.
The entrance to Crater Lake National Park is approximately 20 miles northeast of the campground, making this a great place to overnight for your planned day trip into the park. Additional day trips to consider are the Rogue-Umpqua Scenic Byway, and the Rogue Gorge.
- 10 campsites with picnic tables and fire pits
- 2 vault toilets
- No drinking water
- No garbage disposal - Please pack it out
At a Glance
|Reservations:||First come, first served|
|Open Season:||Spring - Fall|
|Water:||No drinking water available|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||High Cascades Ranger District|
From Prospect, OR, travel north about 2 miles on Highway 62. Turn right onto Forest Road 030 and continue about 1 mile to the campground.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Nearby hiking opportunities include the Upper Rogue River Trail #1034.
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to More Difficult|
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective 7/1: Wild and Scenic Lower Rogue River Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Remember: Fireworks are ILLEGAL on public lands!
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!
- Seasonal Alcohol Prohibition on Recreation Section of Illinois River
- Illinois Falls Trail Bridge Closure
- Red Buttes Wilderness Trail Bridge Closure