Myrtle Tree Trail #1163
The Myrtle Tree trail is short (0.25 mile), and winds up a hill, with many switchbacks to accommodate the moderate grade. You will see some large Oregon myrtle as soon as you begin the trail. Near the top, there is a small stream with a picnic table. Continue on to the world's largest myrtle tree; you will know it when you see it! Three large trunks extend above a hollow 13 foot diameter base.
At the beginning of the trail, you can pick up a brochure "A Guide to the Myrtle Tree Trail".
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
|Information Center:||Gold Beach Ranger District|
- Trail is not designed for: pack and saddle, mountain bike, motorized bike, ATV, 4-wheel drive, barrier free
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to More Difficult|
Alerts & Warnings
- Emergency Area and Road Closure-Anvil Fire
- 2023 PUR Stage 3
- 2023 Wild Scenic Stage III 06-10-00-23-47 and Exhibit
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2024
- EMERGENCY FIRE ROAD, TRAIL AND RIVER CLOSURE – Flat Fire
- Ashland Watershed Camping & Campfire Prohibition
- Alcohol Prohibition Illinois River Corridor
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!