Viewpoint Trails - Cut-Off Trail #946
Trail Information: The Cut-Off trail is part of the Viewpoint Trails. The Viewpoint Trails are 5 short trails that all offer excellent vistas of Applegate Lake and the surrounding mountains. All trails can be accessed via the Squaw Creek Arm parking area, with the exception of Viewpoint Trail #970A.
CUT-OFF TRAIL #946 (0.2 mile): The Cut-Off Trail connects the Harr Ridge and Payette Trails.
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
|Information Center:||Siskiyou Mountains Ranger District|
Access #1: (French Gulch Trailhead) From Ruch, OR, travel south on Upper Applegate Road (County Road 859) for approximately 14.8 miles, and turn left (east) onto French Gulch Road (County Road 959), crossing the dam. Continue on French Gulch Road for approximately 1 mile to the French Gulch Trailhead, located on the right.
Access #2: (Squaw Creek Arm) From Ruch, OR, travel south on Upper Applegate Road (County Road 859) for approximately 14.8 miles, and turn left (east) onto French Gulch Road (County Road 959), crossing the dam. Continue on Rd. # 1075, 3 miles to the junction with Rd. # 100. Turn right on to Rd. # 100 and continue 0.5 miles to the signed Squaw Creek Arm parking area.
- Connecting trails: Outdoor Study Trails: Calsh Trail #971, Osprey Trail #973, Prospectors Loop Trail #974, Sinns Bar Trail #972; Payette Trail #970
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective 9/20: Wild and Scenic Lower Rogue River Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Effective 7/27: Forest-Wide Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!