Mule Creek South Trailhead
Provides access to:
- Mule Creek Trail #1159 which heads north into Wild Rogue Wilderness.
- No picnic table
- No fire pit
- No drinking water
- No toilet
- No garbage disposal - Please pack it out
At a Glance
|Restrictions:||Wilderness regulations apply within Wild Rogue Wilderness.|
|Restroom:||A restroom is accessible May-October at Tucker Flat.|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
From Merlin, Oregon, from I-5 take the Merlin Exit. Drive west on the Merlin-Galice Road approximately 23 miles. Continue across The Grave Creek Bridge and onto the Mt. Reuben Road (Bureau of Land Management Road 34-8-2) until it junctions with the Kelsey Mule Road, go left. Approximately 0.25 mile west, at Marial Saddle, go left on Marial Road (Bureau of Land Management road 32-9-14.2) following signs to Tucker Flat Campground (Bureau of Land Management).
Trailhead is at rear of campground.
Alert!: The routes to Tucker Flat are not recommended for RV travel because they are one-lane paved and gravel curvy mountain roads.
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order RRS 06 10 22 23 56 Alcohol Prohibition Illinois River Corridor
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!