Sites are located along the South Fork of the Coquille River, and offer the cool of shade during the heat of summer.
- 5 campsites with picnic tables, and fire pits
- No drinking water
- Vault toilet
- Garbage disposal from Memorial Day weekend through October
At a Glance
|Reservations:||First come, first served|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Powers Ranger District|
From Powers, OR, go south on Forest Road 3300 for 17 miles.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Nearby hiking opportunities include the Azalea Lake Trail #1262, Panther Ridge Trail #1253, and the Coquille River Falls Trail #1257.
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to More Difficult|
- Forest Road 33
Alerts & Warnings
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Effective 7/27: Forest-Wide Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Effective 7/22: Wild and Scenic Lower Rogue River Stage 2 Fire Restrictions
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!
- Seasonal Alcohol Prohibition on Recreation Section of Illinois River