Frantz Meadow Trail #1216
There are many wildflowers in this wetland environment. The trail is steep and rocky. Although this area is not presently closed to motorcycles, they are not recommended due to the steep trail and potential for environmental damage.
This trail is located in the Biscuit Fire area that burned in the year 2002.Although Forest Service trail crews have been repairing and maintaining many of the affected trails since the Biscuit Fire, visitors should take into consideration (because of the substantially increased risk of fire-killed snags falling) that travel and camping may be more difficult and require greater concern for safety.
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Closest Towns:||O'Brien, OR|
|Water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
|Information Center:||Wild Rivers Ranger District|
General InformationGeneral Notes:
- Connecting trails: Kalmiposis Rim Trail #1124
- Trail is not designed for: pack and saddle, mountain bike, motorized bike, ATV, 4-wheel drive, barrier free
From O'Brien, OR, take Forest Road 4402 to Forest Road 112.
|Difficulty Level:||More to Most Difficult|
Alerts & Warnings
- Emergency Area and Road Closure-Anvil Fire
- 2023 PUR Stage 3
- 2023 Wild Scenic Stage III 06-10-00-23-47 and Exhibit
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2024
- EMERGENCY FIRE ROAD, TRAIL AND RIVER CLOSURE – Flat Fire
- Ashland Watershed Camping & Campfire Prohibition
- Alcohol Prohibition Illinois River Corridor
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!