Sam Brown Horse Campground
Sam Brown Horse Campground is the only horse camp on the Wild Rivers Ranger District! Located in the midst of the area's amazing biodiversity, it's a great place to wander and take in the sites and sounds of the Illinois Valley.
- 5 campsites with picnic tables, and fire pits
- 2 double campsites with picnic tables, and fire pits
- No water available. Please bring your own water.
- Vault toilet
- No garbage disposal - Please pack it out
At a Glance
|Reservations:||First come, first served|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Wild Rivers Ranger District|
- Maximum vehicle lenght: 24 feet
From Interstate 5, take Merlin Exit to Merlin / Galice Road approximately 12 miles to the Briggs Valley Road (Forest Road 2500). Follow Forest Road 2500 approximately 15 miles to Forest Road 2512, turn right and the campground will be on the right just past Briggs Creek bridge.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- There are several trails in the area for horseback riding.
- A large fire ring in the center of camp for group gatherings.
- A training coral above the campground.
- Each site has access to a corral for horses and areas for hobbling or high-lining.