Majestic views of the San Bernardino Valley on clear days. Open all year, parking area not plowed for snow. This site is accessible.
The Old Fire in 2003 burnt several trees on the west and south side of the site, and firefighters was able to keep the fire from completely destroying the day use area.
Switzer Day Use Area was named after the the Switzer family, early pioneers in the Lake Arrowhead area. Bert Switzer served as the first Arrowhead Ranger District Ranger from 1902 to 1926 and Switzer's wife Sara served as an early postmistress for the Twin Peaks post office. Sara Switzer in 1936 proposed to the Womens Club of Lake Arrowhead that the club team up with the Forest Service to develop a park. Since that time, the club has built a fountain and a barbecue in the park and has planted dogwoods, ash and redwoods in the park.