The surrounding forest environment sustains abundant wildlife, resulting in some of the most desirable upstate hunting areas. The camp also serves as the trailhead for the 26.7 mile Long Cane Horse Trail.
Click here for a printable guide and vicinity map.
At a Glance
|Fees:||$3 day use fee per vehicle; $5 per night per campsite; $50 per month per campsite -or- $150 per campsite for the entire season (September 14- January 4), Self-serve fee station|
|Permit Info:||A special permit is required for organized rides of 12 or more and overnight camping along the Long Cane Horse Trail. Contact the Long Cane District office at (803) 637-5396 for more information. South Carolina hunting regulations apply. See www.dnr.sc.gov for more information.|
|Restrictions:||Stay is limited to 14 days. Avoid trail use the first two weeks of rifle deer season. Wear blaze orange. Be mindful of traffic when traveling on or crossing roads. Shooting is not permitted within 300 yards of the camp. Quiet hours: 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (no generators running during quiet hours)|
General InformationDirections: From Greenwood Mall (also known as Cross Creek Mall) take Hwy 72 west towards Abbeville for 1.3 miles. Turn left onto Calhoun Road and travel 1.7 miles. Turn right onto Hwy 10 and travel 6.2 miles. Turn right onto S 24-47 and travel 2.4 miles to entrance on left.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Horse CampingGrass and Gravel parking, information board, picnic shelter, and garbage cans available.
|No. of Sites||66|
|Species||Wood duck, wood cock|
PicnickingGrass and gravel parking, information board, picnic shelter, and garbage cans available
|No. of Sites||66|
|Reservation Info||Shelters can be reserved|
Grass and gravel parking, information board, picnic shelter, and garbage cans available.
Alerts & Warnings
- Bucks Grave Road Reopens on Enoree Ranger District
- New digital payment options and online reservations at Enoree recreation sites
- Enoree rifle ranges undergoing maintenance; please call before visiting
- Limited America the Beautiful pass availability at Columbia office
- Sedalia Campground temporarily closed beginning January 3, 2023
- Halfway Creek Trailhead closure
- Damaged bridges along the Enoree Passage of Palmetto Trail; exercise caution
- Please be aware of open well hazards on Sumter National Forest