Twin Ponds Rifle Range
The Francis Marion National Forest offers two range facilities for still target shooting: Boggy Head and Twin Ponds. The ranges were designed with firearm enthusiasts in mind and can accommodate pistols or rifles. Please remember to bring your own paper targets.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Open Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays, Mondays, and State Holidays including Christmas and New Years
|Information Center:||If you are interested in volunteering to keep your rifle ranges clean, please call the Francis Marion National Forest at (843) 336-2200.|
From Charleston, take US highway 17 North for about 25 miles to Steed Creek Road (SC Route 133-S). Turn left and drive two miles to Willow Hall Road (FS Road 202). Turn right and go one mile. Entrance will be on the left.
Best practices for using the rifle range:
- Keep the rifle range free of litter.
- Only stationary paper targets mounted on self-provided stands or holders. Using bottles, cans, pumpkins, watermelons etc. or other trash as targets is prohibited.
- Targets and target holders must be positioned at the base of the berm, to catch all bullets and eliminate the chance of ricochet.
- Use eye and ear protection.
- Follow the four rules of gun safety:
- Treat all guns as if they are loaded
- Control your muzzle: Keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond.
- Keep your finger outside of the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
100-yard backstop, shooting tables
Alerts & Warnings
- Bridge closure on FS road 305 on Enoree Ranger District
- New digital payment options and online reservations at Enoree recreation sites
- Seasonal recreation area closures
- Halfway Creek Trailhead closure
- Damaged bridges along the Enoree Passage of Palmetto Trail; exercise caution
- Please be aware of open well hazards on Sumter National Forest