McCabe Flat Campground (BLM)
This Bureau of Land Management (BLM) campground is located along the Merced River. Sites are shaded by oak and pines trees and have tables (handicapped accessible) and grills. Please camp in the campsite ONLY. There is a fee box at the campground. Drinking water not provided.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Operated by the Bureau of Land Management|
|Reservations:||No reservations. First-come, first-serve|
|Area Amenities:||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Fee charged for some activities,Picnic tables,Toilets,Parking|
|Open Season:||Open year round|
|Restrictions:||Trailers and RV's over 18 feet are not recommended to cross the Briceburg Bridge.
Road access is dirt and gravel, 1 land road.
Maximum length of stay = 14 days
Maximum vehcile length = 18 feet
|Water:||No water in campground. Drinking water available at the Briceburg Bridge.|
|Restroom:||Vault, handicapped accessible|
|Operated By:||Bureau of Land Management (BLM)|
|Information Center:||BLM Mariposa
HWY 49 Mariposa, CA 95338
(559) 877-2218 Hearing Impaired
California Relay Service 711
For more information click here.
Both picnic tables and vault restrooms are handicapped accessible.
From Mariposa travel north on Highway 140, 11.8 miles, turn left at Briceburg Visitor Center. Drive over the Briceburg Bridge, travel 2.3 miles to campground.
Nearest services are in Mariposa (food, gas, phone, supplies, etc.). There is no water at the campground but drinking water is available at the Briceburg Bridge.
Watch for rattlesnakes and poison oak. Bring mosquito repellant.
|Camping trailer:||Maximum vehicle length = 18 feet|
|Picnic tables:||Handicapped accessible|
|Tent camping:||Total sites = 11 walk-in & 3 vehicle/RV sites|
|Toilets:||Vault, handicapped accessible|
|Fee charged for some activities:|
Alerts & Warnings
- Sierra NFSafety Advisory: Road and Recreation Facilities Closure Extended
- Bass Lake Ranger District plans to initiate winter/spring prescribed burning
- High Sierra Ranger District plans fall/winter/spring prescribed fire projects
- High Sierra Ranger District will be changing hours of operation
- Recreation Fee Program Accomplishment Highlights 2021
- Public Meeting Creek Fire Ecological Restoration Project Video
- Seasonal Visitors Center Closure