Mono Creek Campground
Mono Creek Campground is located in the High Sierras above Kaiser Pass. This quiet, remote campground is situated in a peaceful meadow near Mono Hot Springs at an elevation of 7,500 feet. Campsites are spacious, private and shaded by mature Ponderosa pines. Each campsite has a picnic table, grill and bear-proof food storage locker. No water source is available on-site, but potable water is available at the High Sierra Ranger Station. Accessible vault toilets are provided. Large RV's not recommended on Kaiser Pass Road.
Most recreational activities are centered around nearby Edison Lake, which serves as an excellent base for exploring the Ansel Adams or John Muir Wilderness Areas, and Mono Hot Springs where visitors can enjoy hot mineral baths. Visitors can participate in interpretive programs, hiking, trout fishing, boating and horseback riding.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK HERE
At a Glance
|Reservations:||Reservations through the National Recreation Reservation Service (NRRS) @ 1-877-444-6777 or www.recreation.gov.|
|Area Amenities:||Accessible,Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Parking|
|Fees:||$26.00 Single site
$52.00 Double site
$7 fee for each additional vehicle.
During holidays fees increase $2 per site.
|Open Season:||June - September|
|Restrictions:||Maximum length of stay = 14 days
Maximum vehicle length = 25'
Maximum group size = 6 per site Reservations muxt be made at least 3 days in advance of arrival. 2 night minimum on weekends. 3 night minimum on holidays.
|Operated By:||Concessionaire - California Land Management|
|Information Center:||High Sierra Ranger District
29688 Auberry Rd
P.O. Box 559
Prather, CA 93651
(559) 855-5355 Hearing Impaired
California Relay Service 711
For more information click here.
Take Hwy 168 east from Clovis to Shaver Lake. Continue through Shave Lake to Huntington Lake. At east end of Huntington Lake turn right on Kaiser Pass Road (at Eastwood Visitor Center). Travel 17 miles to Edison Lake Road. Turn left (towards Edison Lake) and travel 4.5 miles to campground.
Limited supplies and pay showers are available at the Vermillion Valley Resort, approximately 15 minute drive.
This is Bear Counrty. Please store food properly and don't feed the bears. Bring mosquito repellent.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
The Mono Creek Trail, which can be accessed at Edison Lake, leads hikers and horseback riders to the network of trails within the John Muir Wilderness. This includes the scenic Pacific Crest Trail, which spans from Mexico to Canada.
|Camping trailer:||Maximum vehicle length = 25'|
|Tent camping:||Total sites = 14|
|Toilets:||Vault, handicap accessible|
Alerts & Warnings
- 05-15-00-23-05 SNF Rec-Site-Road-Trail Closure
- Sierra National Forest Order No. 05-15-00-23-02-SNF-Rec-Site-Road-Trail-Closure
- 05-15-00-22-28 Rec, Sites, Road & Trails Closure
- Bass Lake Ranger District plans to initiate winter/spring prescribed burning
- High Sierra Ranger District plans fall/winter/spring prescribed fire projects
- Forest Order 05-15-00-22-27 SNF-Rec-Site-Road-Trail-Closure
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-25 SNF Parking Restrictions
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-24 SNF Camping Restrictions
- High Sierra Ranger District will be changing hours of operation
- Recreation Fee Program Accomplishment Highlights 2021
- Public Meeting Creek Fire Ecological Restoration Project Video
- Seasonal Visitors Center Closure