Buck Meadow Campground
Located at the confluence of Snow Corral and Deer Creeks along the McKinley Grove Road, Buck Meadow Campground lies on a large flat sandy area adjacent to Deer Creek. Some shade provided by large lodgepole pine trees. Access is on paved and dirt road.
At a Glance
|Reservations:||No reservations; First-come, first-serve|
|Area Amenities:||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Fee charged for some activities,Picnic tables,Toilets|
|Fees:||$22.00 per night
$7.00 per night, per additional vehicle
|Open Season:||May - September|
|Restrictions:||Maximum stay = 14 days
Maximum vehicle length = 35 foot
Maximum group size = 6 per site
|Operated By:||Concessionaire - California Land Managemetn|
|Information Center:||High Sierra Ranger District
29688 Auberry Rd
P.O. Box 559
Prather, CA 93651
(559) 855-5355 Hearing Impaired
California Relay Service 711
For more information click here.
Take Hwy 168 east from Clovis towards Prather. Continue through Prather to Shaver Lake. Just before you reach Shaver Lake turn right on the Dinkey Creek Road. Travel 11.7 miles east to the intersection of the Dinkey Creek Road and the McKinley Grove Road. Turn right and travel 9.6 miles north on the McKinley Grove Road.
Nearest services available at Dinkey Creek, approximately 20 minutes away. Cell phone service not available in area.
Please store food properly and do not feed the animals.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
|Camping trailer:||Maximum vehicle length = 35'|
|Tent camping:||Total sites = 10|
|Fee charged for some activities:|
Alerts & Warnings
- Bass Lake Ranger District plans to initiate winter/spring prescribed burning
- High Sierra Ranger District plans fall/winter/spring prescribed fire projects
- Forest Order 05-15-00-22-27 SNF-Rec-Site-Road-Trail-Closure
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-25 SNF Parking Restrictions
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-24 SNF Camping Restrictions
- High Sierra Ranger District will be changing hours of operation
- Recreation Fee Program Accomplishment Highlights 2021
- Public Meeting Creek Fire Ecological Restoration Project Video
- Seasonal Visitors Center Closure