Nelder Grove Campground
Sites are located along California Creek. Good shade provided by pine and fir trees. Located near Bull Buck Trail. Parking Lot; restroom; historical sites; nature trails.
Beyond the campsite there are various giant sequoia trees that you can visit. We advise everyone to stay on the trail, and to stay behind the fences guarding the trees preserving their beauty for the future generations. This summer we are expecting a large number of visitors so please plan for delays, thank you.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Closed to Forest Order F.O.#:05-15-00-22-25 Nelder Grove Fuels Reduction Project ongoing|
|Operational Hours:||Day Use 6am – 10pm|
|Reservations:||No reservations, first-come first-serve|
|Area Amenities:||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Parking|
|Open Season:||May - Dec|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
Take Hwy 41 north from Fresno; continue thru Oakhurst to Sky Ranch Road (6S10), which is also Forest Road 10, travel 6.6 miles turn left on 6S47Y, go 1.2 miles to the fork in the road, continue right on 6S90 for 3/10 of a mile, turn left at Nelder Grove campground sign, travel 5/10 of a mile to campground.
|Tent camping:||Total sites = 7|
Alerts & Warnings
- Miami Mountain Lookout
- Sierra NFSafety Advisory: Road and Recreation Facilities Closure Extended
- Bass Lake Ranger District plans to initiate winter/spring prescribed burning
- High Sierra Ranger District plans fall/winter/spring prescribed fire projects
- High Sierra Ranger District will be changing hours of operation
- Recreation Fee Program Accomplishment Highlights 2021
- Public Meeting Creek Fire Ecological Restoration Project Video
- Seasonal Visitors Center Closure