Big Sandy Campground
Big Sandy Campground is a large sandy flat adjacent to Big Creek. Road access is paved and dirt. Total number of sites is 18. Sites have grills, fire rings and tables. Some sites have shade. Drinking water is not provided.
At a Glance
|Reservations:||No reservations, first come, first served. CLOSED F.O.#.05-15-00-22-25|
|Area Amenities:||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Fee charged for some activities,Picnic tables,Toilets,Parking|
|Fees:||Single site $23.62 ($26.22)
Additional Vehicle Fee: $7.00 per night, per vehicle *(taxes included)
|Open Season:||May - September|
|Restrictions:||Maximum group size is 6 people per site.
Maximum vehicle length is 20 feet.
Maximum length of stay is 14 days.
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (2), Pit Toilet (1)|
|Operated By:||Concessionaire - California Land Management|
|Information Center:||Concessionaire: California Land Mangement (CLM) www.clm-services.com District Office: 559-642-3819 Bass Lake Office: 559-642-3212.
Closest Ranger: Station Bass Lake Ranger District
57003 Road 225
North Fork, CA 93643 (559) 877-2218 Hearing Impaired
California Relay Service 711
For more information click here.
General InformationDirections: From Fresno take Highway 41 to Oakhurst. Travel approximately 10 miles, turn right on Forest Road 6S07, (just below Fish Camp) travel approximately 6.0 miles to the campground. Road crosses Big Creek.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
|Camping trailer:||Max. trailer length is 20 feet|
|Fee charged for some activities:|
Alerts & Warnings
- Bass Lake Ranger District plans to initiate winter/spring prescribed burning
- High Sierra Ranger District plans fall/winter/spring prescribed fire projects
- Forest Order 05-15-00-22-27 SNF-Rec-Site-Road-Trail-Closure
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-25 SNF Parking Restrictions
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-24 SNF Camping Restrictions
- High Sierra Ranger District will be changing hours of operation
- Recreation Fee Program Accomplishment Highlights 2021
- Public Meeting Creek Fire Ecological Restoration Project Video
- Seasonal Visitors Center Closure