Midge Creek Group Campground
Located along Kaiser Pass Road above Huntington Lake. Road access is paved: dirt road into the campground. Site is in a large open flat area shaded by fir trees. There are tables, fire rings, and grills. Water not provided.
At a Glance
|Reservations:||No. First come, first serve.|
|Area Amenities:||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Parking|
|Fees:||$100.00 per night, per site (2 sites available)|
|Open Season:||June - Sptember|
|Restrictions:||Maximum length of stay = 14 days
Maximum vehicle length = 35'
Maximum group size = 50 per site Reservations must be made at least 1 day prior to your arrival. 2 night minimum on weekends. 3 night minimum on holidays. Campground check-in at California Land Management office (east end of Huntington Lake).
|Operated By:||Concessionaire - California Land Management|
|Information Center:||High Sierra Ranger District
29688 Auberry Rd
P.O. Box 559
Prather, CA 93651
(559) 855-5355 Hearing Impaired
California Relay Service 711
For more information click here.
Take Hwy 168 east from Clovis to Shaver Lake. Continue through Shaver Lake to Huntington Lake. At Eastwood Visitor Center, turn right and travel east 1.2 miles on Kaiser Road to Midge Flat Campground.
There is no running water or trash service at the campground. This campground is on the "Pack it In, Pack it Out" program, therefore, garbage cans are not provided. Campers are encouraged to bring their own garbage bags and take their garbage with them when leaving the campsite.
This is Bear Country. Please store food properly and don’t feed the bears. Bring mosquito repellant.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
|Camping trailer:||Maximum vehicle length = 35'|
|Tent camping:||Total sites = 2|
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order 05-15-00-22-25 SNF-Rec-Site-Road-Trail-Closure
- 05-15-51-22-23-Sierra Oak Fire Closure
- Fire Restrictions Order No. 05-15-00-22-13
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-24 SNF Camping Restrictions
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-25 SNF Parking Restrictions
- Recreation Fee Program Accomplishment Highlights 2021
- Public Meeting Creek Fire Ecological Restoration Project Video
- Seasonal Visitors Center Closure