Tahkenitch Creek Trailhead
Area Status: Open
This is the trailhead for Tahkenitch Creek Trail #1336. Also access to Tahkenitch Dunes Trail #1353.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||NW Forest Pass required. Nearest pay station is located at Siltcoos Recreation cooridor near Stagecoach Trail Head. Expect limited or no services. Be prepared to pack out all waste.
Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (1)|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Operated By:||Siuslaw National Forest|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Visitor Center|
From Reedsport, OR travel north for nine miles to the trailhead entrance located on the west side of the highway.
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.4 mb)
To use your mobile device's built-in GPS to track your location on the map:
- Download the geospatial PDF
- Download & install an app that reads geospatial PDFs
Find out more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- CCRD: Running Event Taking Place June 3-4, 2023
- ODNRA: No water at Tyee Campground
- CCRD: Restrooms in Marys Peak Area Closed for Maintenance
- Hebo RD: Rainforest Trail closed for maintenance
- Central Coast RD: FS Rd 5590 Closed
- Mar 15-Sept 15 2023 Beach restrictions in effect to protect nesting Snowy Plover