Rainforest Trail #1310 - Road 1861 Trailhead
Area Status: Open
This provides access to The Rainforest Trail #1310. The trailhead is located at the beginning of Forest Service Road 1861, on the west side of Highway 101.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Due to a landslide in 2021, Forest Road 1861, which accesses the Rainforest Trail #1310 - Road 1861 Trailhead, Hart’s Cove Trail #1303 and Hart’s Cove Trailhead, is closed to vehicle traffic from Hwy 101. The landslide washed out a section of the road approximately half a mile from Highway 101, creating impassable conditions. Tillamook County emergency response is limited in the Cascade Head area due to restricted access to FSR 1861 and cell service is limited. See map for details.|
|Open Season:||July 16 - December 31|
|Restrictions:||Day use only. No overnight camping or parking.|
Travel about 4.5 miles north of the junction of Highway 101 and Highway 18. The trailhead is at the corner of Highway 101 and Forest Service Road 1861.
The junction of Highway 101 and Highway 18 is about 7 miles north of Lincoln City, OR and 7 miles south of Neskowin, OR.
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF)
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- ODNRA Office closed starting at 2pm 3/24/23
- Hebo RD: Drift Creek Falls TH not accessible due to snow
- Mar 15-Sept 15 2023 Beach restrictions in effect to protect nesting Snowy Plover
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Forest Service Road 1100 (Old Scenic Hwy), Cascade Head area, temp closure
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure