Cape Perpetua Overlook Day Use
Towering 800 feet over the protected Marine Garden shoreline, the Cape Perpetua Day Use area is the highest viewpoint accessible by car on the Oregon Coast.
Take the winding, wooded drive to the top of the Cape Perpetua Headland, and you'll be rewarded with an awe-inspiring overlook just steps from the parking area. On clear days, views extend nearly 40 miles out to sea, and along 70 miles of coastline.
This site serves as a trailhead for:
- Whispering Spruce Trail #1306 (wheel-chair accessible)
- Amanda's Trail #1386
- Saint Perpetua Trail #1306
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Expect limited or no services. Be prepared to pack out all waste.|
|Fees:||$5/vehicle/day or valid recreation pass|
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (1)|
|Passes:||Recreation passes may be used as a form of fee payment|
|Operated By:||Siuslaw National Forest|
|Information Center:||Central Coast Ranger District - Waldport Office or Cape Perpetua Visitor Center|
From Yachats, Oregon, drive three miles south on Highway 101. Or, from Florence, Oregon, drive 22 miles north on Highway 101.
Turn east onto Forest Road 55. Turn north at the junction with Forest Road 5553.
The parking area is at the end of the road.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- CCRD: Running Event Taking Place June 3-4, 2023
- ODNRA: No water at Tyee Campground
- CCRD: Restrooms in Marys Peak Area Closed for Maintenance
- Hebo RD: Rainforest Trail closed for maintenance
- Central Coast RD: FS Rd 5590 Closed
- Mar 15-Sept 15 2023 Beach restrictions in effect to protect nesting Snowy Plover