Horse Creek Campground
This is a horse camp along the Cape Mountain Trails.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||06/01/2022: Trail was maintained in May '22. Expect limited or no services and be prepared to pack out all waste.|
|Fees:||$13/ Night per site; $8/Night extra vehicle. All prices are subject to local taxes.|
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Water:||Water not potable; water for horses only|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (1)|
|Operated By:||American Land & Leisure|
|Information Center:||Central Coast Ranger District - Waldport Office or Reedsport Office|
From Florence, Oregon travel north 10.5 miles on Highway 101. Turn east (right) onto Forest Road #58 (Horse Creek Road) and travel 4.7 miles.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Access to Cape Mountain Horse trails. Water for horses.
|No. of Sites||15 campsites; 1 ride-in/ hike-in day use site with hitching post|
Alerts & Warnings
- Beach restrictions in effect March 15 - Sept. 15 to protect nesting birds
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Varying Hours at Supervisor's Office June 23-July 8
- Downed Trees Blocking Forest Road 2005 on Marys Peak
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure