Sutton Trails #1321
Enjoy hiking these trails surrounded by a coastal forest with numerous berries, beautiful rhododendrons and areas of open sand dunes.
The trail system also includes the Holman Vista Trail and the Darlingtonia Trail which takes you through a bog of the carnivorous Darlingtonia plant!
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||3/23/2023: Trails are open. Expect storm debris on trails. CAUTION!: Reports of cougar & and bear activity in the area. Keep pets on leash.|
|Fees:||$5/Day/Vehicle or valid recreation pass.|
|Water:||Available at trailhead|
|Restroom:||Flush toilet at trailhead|
|Passes:||A valid Recreation Pass is required at Sutton Trails Trailhead.|
|Information Center:||Central Coast Ranger District|
Access from Sutton Trailhead. The trailhead is located in Sutton Campground (fee site)
You can also access the Sutton Trails from:
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.2 mb)
To use your mobile device's GPS to track your location on the map: Download the geospatial PDF (geoPDF), download and install an app, such as The Avenza Maps app, that reads geoPDFs. Learn more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps here.
Holman Vista Trail #1326 is wheelchair accessible to the viewing deck. The Darlingtonia Trail #1320 is also wheelchair accessible.
Day HikingRecreation areas with activity Day Hiking:
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to Intermediate|
Viewing PlantsRecreation areas with activity Viewing Plants:
Viewing SceneryRecreation areas with activity Viewing Scenery:
PicnickingRecreation areas with activity Picnicking:
Alerts & Warnings
- Central Coast RD: FS Rd 5590 Closed
- Corvallis office closed week of 3/27
- Hebo RD: Drift Creek Falls TH not accessible due to snow
- Mar 15-Sept 15 2023 Beach restrictions in effect to protect nesting Snowy Plover
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Forest Service Road 1100 (Old Scenic Hwy), Cascade Head area, temp closure
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure