Taylor Dunes Trail #1335
First half-mile is accessible with two view decks and a bench with great vistas of the lake and its many birds and aquatic animals, sand dunes, marsh-like deflation plains and the ocean.
This trail meets with the Carter Dune Trail #1384.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15.|
|Restroom:||Toilet at Trailhead|
|Passes:||A valid Recreation Pass is required at Taylor Dunes Trailhead|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Visitor Center|
Access to this trail is at Taylor Dunes Trailhead (fee site)
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.6 mb)
To use your mobile device's GPS to track your location on the map: Download the geospatial PDF (geoPDF), download and install an app, such as The Avenza Maps app, that reads geoPDFs. Learn more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps here.
First 0.5 miles is accessible with two view decks and a bench.
- Carter Lake Campground
- Carter Dune Trail #1384
- Carter Lake Boat Ramp
- Chief Tsiltcoos Trail #1359
- Driftwood II OHV
- Lagoon Campground
- Lagoon Loop Trail #1330
- Siltcoos Lake Trail #1333
- Tyee Campground
- Waxmyrtle Campground
- Waxmyrtle Trail #1337
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to Intermediate|
Alerts & Warnings
- Beach restrictions in effect March 15 - Sept. 15 to protect nesting birds
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Varying Hours at Supervisor's Office June 23-July 8
- Downed Trees Blocking Forest Road 2005 on Marys Peak
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure