Carter Dunes Trailhead
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15|
|Fees:||$5/vehicle/day or valid recreation pass|
|Open Season:||May - September|
|Restroom:||Flush Toilet (1)|
|Passes:||Recreation passes may be used as a form of fee payment|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
- Drive 10 miles south of Florence, OR on Highway 101. Turn to the west to the Carter Lake Campground.
- You'll pass the Taylor Dune Trailhead on the left.
- Continue 1/2 mile along the campground loop to the trailhead.
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.6 mb)
To use your mobile device's built-in GPS to track your location on the map:
- Download the geospatial PDF
- Download & install an app that reads geospatial PDFs
Find out more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information