Tahkenitch Creek Trailhead
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||NW Forest Pass required. Nearest pay station is located at Siltcoos Recreation cooridor near Stagecoach Trail Head. Expect limited or no services. Be prepared to pack out all waste.
Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (1)|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Operated By:||Siuslaw National Forest|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Visitor Center|
From Reedsport, OR travel north for nine miles to the trailhead entrance located on the west side of the highway.
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.4 mb)
To use your mobile device's built-in GPS to track your location on the map:
- Download the geospatial PDF
- Download & install an app that reads geospatial PDFs
Find out more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Beach restrictions in effect March 15 - Sept. 15 to protect nesting birds
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Varying Hours at Supervisor's Office June 23-July 8
- Downed Trees Blocking Forest Road 2005 on Marys Peak
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure