Tahkenitch Dunes National Recreation Trail #1353
Trail goes through a mile of conifer forest, opening onto the dunes and views of the ocean. The trail then re-enters onto a smaller stand of shore pine and ends at the ocean.
Always use caution on the beach. Watch for sneaker waves, know the tide schedule and stay away from logs in the surf or on wet sand. Look out for deep water and strong currents.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Parking pass required at trailhead.
Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15
|Water:||Potable Water at Trailhead|
|Restroom:||Flush and Vault Toilets at Trailhead|
|Passes:||A valid Recreation Pass is required at Tahkenitch Dunes-Threemile Lake North Trailhead|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Visitor Center|
Access for this trail is at Tahkenitch Dunes-Threemile Lake North Trailhead (fee site)
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.4 mb)
To use your mobile device's GPS to track your location on the map: Download the geospatial PDF (geoPDF), download and install an app, such as The Avenza Maps app, that reads geoPDFs. Learn more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps here.
- Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area
- Oregon Dunes Trail #1334
- Tahkenitch Landing
- Tahkenitch Creek Trail #1336
- Threemile Lake North Trail #1338
- Threemile Lake South Trail #1356
|Difficulty Level:||Intermediate to Difficult|
Tahkenitch DunesTrail can be connected with Tahkenitch Creek Trail for a longer hiking experience.
Alerts & Warnings
- Beach restrictions in effect March 15 - Sept. 15 to protect nesting birds
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Varying Hours at Supervisor's Office June 23-July 8
- Downed Trees Blocking Forest Road 2005 on Marys Peak
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure