Tahkenitch Dunes - Threemile Lake North Trailhead
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Expect limited or no services. Be prepared to pack out all waste.
Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15
|Fees:||$5/Day/Vehicle or valid recreation pass.|
|Restroom:||Flush Toilet (1), Vault Toilet (1)|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Visitor Center|
From Reedsport, OR travel 8 miles north on Highway 101. Entrance to trailhead is on west side of highway.
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.4 mb)
To use your mobile device's built-in GPS to track your location on the map:
- Download the geospatial PDF
- Download & install an app that reads geospatial PDFs
Find out more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Beach restrictions in effect March 15 - Sept. 15 to protect nesting birds
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Varying Hours at Supervisor's Office June 23-July 8
- Downed Trees Blocking Forest Road 2005 on Marys Peak
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure