Tahkenitch Lake Boat Ramp
Tahkenitch Lake Boat Ramp is located on the west shore of the 1,674 acre lake.
For information about accessible recreation opportunities in Pacific Northwest National Forests, visit http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/r6/accessiblerecreation
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Expect limited or no services. Be prepared to pack out all waste.
Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (1)|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Operated By:||Siuslaw National Forest|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Visitor Center|
From Reedsport, OR travel north eight miles on Highway 101. Boat ramp is on east side of Highway 101.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Lake and Pond FishingBoat access to Tahkenitch Lake
|Fish Species||Largemouth bass, yellow perch, coho salmon|
|Water Temperature||Mixed cold/warm|
|Fishing Method||Bait & lure|
Boating - Motorized
Alerts & Warnings
- Beach restrictions in effect March 15 - Sept. 15 to protect nesting birds
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Varying Hours at Supervisor's Office June 23-July 8
- Downed Trees Blocking Forest Road 2005 on Marys Peak
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure