Tahkenitch Lake Boat Ramp
Area Status: Closed
Tahkenitch Lake Boat Ramp is located on the west shore of the 1,674 acre lake.
For information about accessible recreation opportunities in Pacific Northwest National Forests, visit http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/r6/accessiblerecreation
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||5/11/23: Tahkenitch Lake Boat Ramp will be closed until further notice due to safety concerns. The adjacent dock and parking lot will remain open.
Expect limited or no services. Be prepared to pack out all waste.
Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (1)|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Operated By:||Siuslaw National Forest|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Visitor Center|
From Reedsport, OR travel north eight miles on Highway 101. Boat ramp is on east side of Highway 101.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Lake and Pond FishingBoat access to Tahkenitch Lake
|Fish Species||Largemouth bass, yellow perch, coho salmon|
|Water Temperature||Mixed cold/warm|
|Fishing Method||Bait & lure|
Boating - Motorized
Alerts & Warnings
- CCRD: Running Event Taking Place June 3-4, 2023
- ODNRA: No water at Tyee Campground
- CCRD: Restrooms in Marys Peak Area Closed for Maintenance
- Hebo RD: Rainforest Trail closed for maintenance
- Central Coast RD: FS Rd 5590 Closed
- Mar 15-Sept 15 2023 Beach restrictions in effect to protect nesting Snowy Plover