John Dellenback Dunes Trailhead
This is the trailhead for the John Dellenback Dunes Trail #1339
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Bikes are not allowed on this trail. Expect limited or no services. Be prepared to pack out all waste.
Snowy Plover restrictions in place March 15 - September 15
|Restrictions:||No bikes allowed on trail.|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (4)|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Visitor Center|
From Reedsport, Oregon travel 10.5 miles south on Highway 101. Trailhead is on the west side of highway near mile marker 222.
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.7 mb)
To use your mobile device's built-in GPS to track your location on the map:
- Download the geospatial PDF
- Download & install an app that reads geospatial PDFs
Find out more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Beach restrictions in effect March 15 - Sept. 15 to protect nesting birds
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Varying Hours at Supervisor's Office June 23-July 8
- Downed Trees Blocking Forest Road 2005 on Marys Peak
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure