Sandtracks Day Use
Area Status: Open
Sandtracks Day Use offers a great opportunity to play in the sand outside of an off highway riding area. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore a forested dune ecosystem.
- Sandtracks Picnic Area utilizes a portion of the old Horsfall Beach Road.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Expect limited or no services. Be prepared to pack out all waste.|
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Operated By:||Siuslaw National Forest|
|Information Center:||Oregon Dunes NRA Visitor Center|
From North Bend, Oregon drive north 1.5 miles turning west onto Transpacific Highway. Travel about one mile turning right onto Horsfall Beach Road. Sandtrack picnic area is located one mile on the left side of the road.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Sand PlayAccess to a small dune for sand play
Alerts & Warnings
- ODNRA Office closed starting at 2pm 3/24/23
- Hebo RD: Drift Creek Falls TH not accessible due to snow
- Mar 15-Sept 15 2023 Beach restrictions in effect to protect nesting Snowy Plover
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Forest Service Road 1100 (Old Scenic Hwy), Cascade Head area, temp closure
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure