West Winds Day Use OHV Staging

Area Status: Open
This area is Open

Access to the southern end of Sand Lake Recreation Area OHV area.

At a Glance

Current Conditions: 06/08/21: Winter storms and high tides have pushed western snowy plovers to the Sand Lake beach area near the mouth of the estuary and by the Fisherman’s Day Use Area. Visitors may see roped off nesting areas. Beachgoers are encouraged to protect these birds by limiting their activity to wet sand, avoiding nesting areas, and keeping dogs on leash.

Expect limited or no services and be prepared to pack out all waste.
Fees $5/vehicle/day
Permit Info: State of Oregon OHV permit required for riding.
Usage: Heavy
Water: Potable Water
Restroom: Flush Toilet (1)
Passes: Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.
Operated By: Siuslaw National Forest
Information Center: Hebo Ranger District

General Information


Located 10 miles north of Pacific City on County 871 (Sandlake Road). Travel 4 miles to stop sign and turn left on County Road 871 (Sandlake Road). Take County Road 871 1 mile to Galloway Road.  

From Tillamook, south on Highway 101 for 11 miles.  Take County Road 871 ( Sandlake Road) for 4 miles to stop sign and turn left on County Road 871 (Sandlake Road).  Take County Road 871 (Sandlake Road) 1 mile to Galloway Road.

Recreation Map

Map showing recreational areas. Map Information


Beaches & Dunes

Show detail SHOW

OHV Riding & Camping

Show detail SHOW
Areas & Activities


  Latitude : 

  Longitude : 

  Elevation : 
15 feet