Cadotte Lake Campground
This campground is on the western shore of Cadotte Lake and is surrounded by a mix of spruce, balsam, and pine trees. Cadotte Lake is good for walleye, northern, and panfish fishing.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Closed, no camping.|
|Reservations:||Some sites are reservable through Recreation.gov Cadotte Lake Campground page.|
|Restrictions:||Maximum of 9 people per site. There is space for 1 vehicle and 1 towed vehicle (such as a boat trailer). Additional vehicles at the site require additional half fee and must park on the spur. No vehicles may park on the grass or where they impede traffic. ATVs not allowed.|
|Closest Towns:||Hoyt Lakes, MN|
|Water:||Solar Powered Well|
|Restroom:||Outhouse (Vault style)|
|Operated By:||Concessionaire, located in site #4|
|Information Center:||Laurentian Ranger District Email | Call | Address | Webpage|
Cadotte Lake Campground is located 21 miles southeast of Hoyt Lakes near Fairbanks, MN.
From Hoyt Lakes
- Take Cty. Rd. 110 (F.H. 11) east for 13.4 miles.
- Turn left on to Cty. Rd. 16 (F.H. 11) for 6.4 miles.
- Turn left on F.R. 425 for 0.5 miles.
- Turn left on F.R. 778 for 1 mile.
From Two Harbors
- Go north on Cty. Rd. 2 for 25 miles.
- Turn left on Lake Cty. Rd. 15 (F.H.11) for 12 miles (Lake Cty. 15 becomes St. Louis Cty. 16).
- Turn right on Forest Road 425 for 0.5 miles.
- Turn left on Forest Road 778 for 1 mile.
This campground also has a picnic area, sandy beach, boat landing and fishing deck.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Please use facilities provided such as fire rings, tent pads, and latrines.
- Dispose of waste in containers provided.
- Water faucets are for drinking water only, do not use as wash areas.
- Noise limits enforced, respect your fellow campers.
|No. of Sites||27 campsites, including 2 long-term campsites (over 14 days)|
Sites are pull-in and not specifically designed for RVs. Most can accommodate a moderately sized vehicle.
Lake and Pond Fishing
|Permit:||See current Minnesota Department of Natural Resources rules and regulations.|