Pfeiffer Lake Campground & Backcountry Sites
This campground is located on the north shore of Pfieffer Lake. It sites on sandy, rolling hills found north of the Laurentian Divide. Many sites offer great scenic views. There are 2 backcountry sites on Pfieffer Lake that are only accessible by water.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Open with no services. Camping fee still in effect. Full closure takes effect on November 20.|
|Reservations:||Some sites are reservable through Reservation.gov's Pfieffer Lake Campground page.|
|Restrictions:||Maximum of 9 people per site. There is space for 1 vehicle and 1 towed vehicle (such as a boat trailer). Additional vehicles at the site require additional half fee and must park on the spur. No vehicles may park on the grass or where they impede traffic. ATVs not allowed.|
|Closest Towns:||Cook, MN|
|Water:||Solar Powered Well|
|Restroom:||Outhouse (Vault style)|
|Operated By:||USDA Forest Service, host located in site #7|
|Information Center:||Laurentian Ranger District Email | Call | Address | Webpage|
- Go north on Highway 53/169 for 4 miles.
- Take Highway 169 north for 16 miles to the junction of 169 and Highway 1.
- Go west (left) on Highway 1 for 5 miles and then south (left) on Forest Road 256 for 2 miles.
This campground also has a fishing deck, boat landing, playground area, picnic area, sandy beach, and short hiking trail.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Please use facilities provided such as fire rings, tent pads, and latrines.
- Dispose of waste in containers provided.
- Water faucets are for drinking water only, do not use as wash areas.
- Noise limits enforced, respect your fellow campers.
|No. of Sites||16 campsites|
Sites are pull-in and not specifically designed for RVs. Most can accommodate a moderately sized vehicle.
There are 2 dispersed sites on Pfieffer Lake. Sites are accessible by boat or by foot. Use the boat launch or the hiking trail in the campground.
Please use facilities provided such as fire rings, tent pads, and latrines.
|Reservation info:||First-come, first-served.|
Lake and Pond Fishing
|Permit:||See current Minnesota Department of Natural Resources rules and regulations.|