Moose Viewing Trail
The Moose Viewing Trail is a 1/4 mile hike. The trail is in an area which is perfect moose habitat. A short easy hike takes you to a overlook platform, but keep your eyes open for moose the whole way. Of course no guarantees!
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Grand Marais|
|Water:||no water available|
Take cook County Road 12 (Gunflint Trail) about 24 miles. The parking area will be on the left hand side of the road.
Parking lot at the trailhead.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Flooding impacts BWCAW, Roads and Recreation Across Forest; ATV Trails Closed
- Greenwood Closure Area Updated May 10, 2022
- Closure: Some Trails End Campsites and Nearby Rec Areas
- Border Route Trail Tornado and Current Conditions
- Spring road wt restrictions: St Louis, Lake, Cook County, see Current Conditions
- Sturgeon River Trail Partial Closure