First, Second, Third Crossings and Water Wheel
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Restrooms will be serviced daily. Please pack it in, pack it out! Note: These are fee areas for day-use only. America the Beautiful and annual Tonto Discovery passes are accepted at all four sites.|
|Operational Hours:||Day use only|
|Fees:||Site fees charged during Peak Season (April 1 - October 31). No fees required November 1 - March 31. The links below under "Passes" provide additional information on pricing and purchasing information.|
|Information Center:||Payson Ranger District (928) 474-7900|
First Crossing: Travel on Houston Mesa Road (FR 199) for 7 miles.
Water Wheel: Travel on Houston Mesa Road (FR 199) for 7 ½ miles.
Second Crossing: Travel on Houston Mesa Road (FR 199) for 8 miles.
Third Crossing: Travel on Houston Mesa Road (FR 199) for 8 ½ miles.
- Pack it in pack it out
- Leave what you find
- Dispose of waste properly
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
River and Stream Fishing
Fish Species: Rainbow Trout; Brown Trout; Smallmouth Bass; Sunfish
|Toilets:||Vault toilets available|
Alerts & Warnings
- Rattlesnake Cove Recreation Fishing Dock Closure 03-12-01-22-26
- Amended - Apache Lake Closure - Lower Burnt Corral Campground remains closed
- Bald Eagle Seasonal Closures
- Occupancy and Use Restrictions
- Update on State Route 88 (Apache Trail) - August 18, 2021
- Redmond Fire Road Closure