Boulder Flat Campground
Perched beside the Wild and Scenic North Umpqua River, Boulder Flat Campground is indeed proof that great things come in small packages. A developed raft launch at the east end provides easy access to some of the North Umpqua River's best trout fishing, while nearby trailheads make this site popular among hikers and hunters exploring the Boulder Creek Wilderness via Boulder Creek Trail #1552. This campground also provides access to Jesse Wright Segment of the North Umpqua National Recreation Trail #1414.
- 9 campsites with picnic tables and fire pits
- No drinking water
- 2 vault toilets
- Grey water waste sump
- Garbage disposal
- No campground host
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||04/29/2022: Reservations available beginning May 28. Reserve now on Recreation.gov.|
|Open Season:||Year round|
|Busiest Season:||Heavy use during weekends and holidays|
|Closest Towns:||Glide, OR|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Diamond Lake Ranger District|
From Roseburg, OR take Highway 138 east for 53 miles to Boulder Flat Campground, located on the left side of the highway.
- Maximum vehicle length: 24 feet
- Gravel road and spurs
- Accessible restroom
- Use the links below to access important information about recreation and access on the North Umpqua River and adjacent trails, or stop by the North Umpqua Ranger Station in Glide, Oregon.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Camping, fishing, photography, rafting, and hiking
- Fishing - fly angling only
- Boulder Creek #1552; Jesse Wright Segment of the North Umpqua National Recreation Trail 1414
- Adjacent to a major launching point for whitewater boaters
- Major entry point into the Boulder Creek Wilderness
River and Stream Fishing
- Please be advised that Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations apply for fishing in North Umpqua River. This stretch is located within the Artificial Fly Zone. For more information, please consult the Bureau of Land Management's Wild and Scenic North Umpqua User's Guide.