Windigo Pass Trail #1412
Area Status: Open
This trail runs southwest from the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail at Windigo Pass and connects with the Tenas Peak Trail #1445 to the south then continues to Kelsay Valley Horse Camp/ Trailhead. This is an excellent trail even for the beginning horseperson. Grades range from flat to moderately steep with a wide clearing.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||03/17/2023: Cleared 7/30/2022 -- OET logged out from Trail #1445 to Kelsay Valley Horse Camp. Current condition of the rest of this trail is rough, expect blow down. Currently under snow.|
|Open Season:||Year Round|
|Closest Towns:||Roseburg, OR|
|Water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
|Information Center:||Diamond Lake Ranger District|
This trail begins off the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail (area is unavailable) south of Forest Road 60 at Windigo Pass Trailhead.
From Roseburg, OR, take OR-138 east / northeast Diamond Lake Boulevard. Travel east to milepost 73.7 and turn north onto Forest Road 60 (Windigo Pass Road). Follow Forest Road 60 for about 12 miles to the Windigo Pass Trailhead.
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-464 Rescinded 09/21/2022
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-468 Dated 09/21/2022
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-467 Rescinded 09/13/2022
- Road 4720 & 4720-005 Closed Starting 9/19/22
- Forest Order #06-18-00-22-14 Dated 08/04/2022
- Termination of Order No. 06-15-00-22-460 No PURS in Effect
- Stay Limit on the Umpqua National Forest