Bogus Creek Campground
The western-most Forest Service campground in the Umpqua National Forest is also one of its most diverse in terms of recreational access. This 11-site campground balances seclusion and easy access to Roseburg, as well as a boat launch and direct access to the North Umpqua Trail. This campground is an ideal basecamp for entire days’ worth of adventure.
- 11 campsites with picnic tables and fire pits
- 4 double campsites with picnic tables and fire pits
- Drinking water
- Flush toilets
- Vault toilet at raft launch
- Grey water waste sump
- Garbage disposal
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||06/22/2022: Open|
|Closest Towns:||Roseburg, OR|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
- Accessible campsites
- Accessible restrooms
- Campground host Available
Use the links below to access important information about recreation and access on the North Umpqua River and adjacent trails, or stop by the North Umpqua Ranger Station in Glide.
- Maximum vehicle length: 35 feet
From Roseburg, OR, travel east on OR-138 / Diamond Lake Boulevard for 35 miles, Bogus Creek Campground is on the left side of the highway - opposite of the campground entrance side.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Lake and Pond Fishing
- Anglers: please help sustain the wild fish by not wading onto the gravel beds when salmon and steelhead are spawning.
- Please be advised that Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations apply for fishing in North Umpqua River. This stretch is located within the Artificial Fly Zone. For more information, please consult the Bureau of Land Management’s Wild & Scenic North Umpqua User’s Guide.
River and Stream Fishing
- Fly angling only
- Fall Creek Trail #1502
- Job's Garden Trail #1514
- Riverview Trail #1530
- North Umpqua National Recreation Trail #1414.02 - Mott Segment
- North Umpqua National Recreation Trail #1414.01 - Tioga Segment
- This campground is on the Rogue-Umpqua National Scenic Byway
Boating - Non-Motorized
- Whitewater rafting is a popular activity for visitors to Bogus Creek Campground, because Bogus Creek raft launch is across the highway.