Canton Creek Campground
This small campground is located along the banks of Steamboat Creek. A pavilion makes it an ideal destination for groups and day use. Canton Creek is located near Douglas Co Roads 38 and 23, both of which offer access to northern parts of the Umpqua National Forest.
- 5 campsites with picnic tables and fire pits
- Drinking water
- Covered picnic pavilion
- Flush toilet
- No garbage disposal - Please pack it out
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||04/22/2022: Closed for winter. Will reopen May 26, weather depending. Reservations available starting May 28. Reserve through Recreation.gov.|
|Reservations:||Reservations can be made at www.recreation.gov.|
|Open Season:||May - September|
|Busiest Season:||Heavy use during weekends and holidays|
|Closest Towns:||Glide, OR|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
From Roseburg, OR take OR-138 east / northeast Diamond Lake Boulevard. Continue on highway 138 east for 39 miles and turn left onto Forest Road 38 (Steamboat Creek Road). Follow for 0.25 mile to campground.
- "The North Umpqua Trail" brochure and "North Umpqua River Recreation Guide" available from North Umpqua Ranger District.
- No campground host
- Anglers please take notice- Steamboat creek is CLOSED to all fishing.
- Use the links below to access important information about recreation and access on the North Umpqua River and adjacent trails, or stop by the North Umpqua Ranger Station in Glide, OR.
- Maximum vehicle length: 24 feet
- Paved access
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- camping, picnic, pavilion