Russell-Colbath Historic Site
The Historic Site includes the Russell-Colbath House, a timber frame barn, the Town of Albany Cemetery, and the one-half mile Rail N' River Trail. Additional amenities include parking, toilet facilities, picnic tables, interpretive signs.
The Russell-Colbath House was built in 1832 and is the only original structure left from the town of Passaconaway.
The timber frame barn was constructed in 2003 and is open to the public when the house is open on weekends during our open season.
The Rail N' River is a half mile ADA trail that winds through the forest to the Swift River and back. There are interpretive panels along the way that explain logging and railroading in this area during the 19th century.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Russell-Colbath Historic Site grounds are open to the public through the open season. Russell-Colbath House is open for guided tours July through September. Please call Saco District Ranger Station for specific hours of operation.|
|Open Season:||Memorial Day - Columbus Day|
|Closest Towns:||Conway, NH|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Saco District Ranger Station|
General InformationDirections: Located 12 miles west of Conway on NH Rte. 112 (Kancamagus Highway)
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Located along the Swift River and the Kancamagus Scenic Byway, the Russell-Colbath Barn is located at the Russell-Colbath Historic site.