Lower Boulder Lake Trail #59
This is a moderate hike to a lake nestled in the trees in the Eagles Nest Wilderness. The trail follows rolling terrain through the trees until eventually dropping down into the Boulder Creek drainage. At the lake you can enjoy views up the valley of the rugged Gore Range Mountains.
* There is a printable Recreation Quicksheet for this trail which is complete with directions, a map, details, and other information about this trail. Or to see quicksheets for other recreation areas across the Forest, click on the "Recreation Quicksheets" link in the right column and select the appropriate Ranger District.
At a Glance
|Restrictions:||Open Hike/Horse Only. Trail enters the Eagles Nest Wilderness Area.|
|Closest Towns:||Silverthorne, CO|
General InformationDirections: From I-70 take Exit 205, Silverthorne/Dillon, and travel north on HWY 9. Travel north on HWY 9 for approximately 7.7 miles. On your left will be Rock Creek Road (FDR 1350) across from the Blue River Campground. Follow the gravel road for approximately 1.23 miles and turn left at the road marked “Rock Creek”. If you come to a gate on the road you have traveled too far. Follow this road approximately 1.74 until it ends at the trailhead parking lot.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Lake and Pond Fishing
Alerts & Warnings
- FSR 703.2B Homestake Spur Road closed
- Logging traffic on Boreas Pass, Indiana Creek
- Construction and delays on Burnt Mountain Road (FSR 506.1)
- Lime Canyon Temporary Climbing Closure
- Grizzly Creek Trail and Canyon closed after 2 miles
- Yeoman Park Campground closed
- Coulter Lake Closure