Koch Mountain Trail #3576
The trail goes off to the east on mostly moderate grades, taking the visitor through dry rolling country before descending to Waldo Lake. Vegetation consists primarily of mountain hemlock, Pacific silver fir and dwarf huckleberry.
This route offers a relatively short and easy access to the primitive west side of Waldo Lake. Be prepared for mosquitoes in the early summer.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||This trail is in an area impacted by the Cedar Creek Fire. Before visiting areas affected by wildfire, make sure to review the 4 Steps for Safety for recreating in burned areas.|
|Permit Info:||Wilderness self issue permit needed.|
|Information Center:||Middle Fork Ranger Station|
Alerts & Warnings
- Delays on Forest Road 46, temporary closure starting mid-December
- Landslide on Forest Road 19; one lane traffic
- FIRE CLOSURES: Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Portion of McKenzie River Trail closed; trail detour in place
- Christmas Tree Permits Available Now; 6th Annual Ornament Hunt Nov. 17-Dec. 31