Cone Peak Trail #3408
A gentle grade leads you through the shade of the forest onto open hillsides bursting with flowers in the spring and summer. Upper portions of this trail offer extensive views of the surrounding Old Cascades. At the junction with Iron Mountain Trail, you have the option of returning the way you came or climbing another 0.75 mile to the top of Iron Mountain.
For a loop trail, combine the Santiam Wagon Road, Iron Mountain, Cone Peak Trails with Tombstone Pass Trails.
Access from Tombstone Pass/ Cone Peak Trailhead (Fee site).
Trail crosses US Highway 20 near Tombstone Pass.
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Fall Pile Burning and Prescribed Fire Planned
- Portion of McKenzie River Trail closed; trail detour in place
- Christmas Tree Permits Available Now; 6th Annual Ornament Hunt Nov. 17-Dec. 31
- Forest Road 46 open from Detroit to Estacada