Marion Lake Trailhead
Trails accessible from this trailhead include:
At a Glance
|Permit Info:||Central Cascades Wilderness Permits are required between June 15 and October 15 for both day and overnight use at this trailhead. Check out Recreation.gov for more information or call 1-877-444-6777.|
|Passes:||Recreation Passes may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Information Center:||Detroit Ranger Station|
From Detroit, Oregon travel east on Highway 22 for 16 miles to the town of Marion Forks, Oregon. Turn left onto Marion Creek Road (Forest Service Road 2255) and travel 5.5 miles to the trailhead at the end of the road.
12- 15 vehicles
Please park all horse trailers in the lower parking area.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023
- Helicopter Operations Near McKenzie Bridge Oct. 19-Feb. 1
- Carmen Diversion Reservoir closed through 2023