Little North Santiam, West Trailhead (Elkhorn)
Area Status: Temporarily Closed
Trailhead for Little North Santiam Trail #3338. See trail page for more information.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||12/22/2022: Closed due to Beachie Creek and Lionshead Fire closure. See map.|
|Closest Towns:||Gates and Mill City, Oregon|
|Water:||Water from streams should be filtered.|
|Information Center:||Detroit Ranger Station|
From Salem, OR, travel east on Highway 22 approximately 23 miles. Turn left on North Fork Road at the junction with the Oregon Department of Forestry office, which is marked "Little North Santiam Recreation Area".
To access the Little North Santiam, West trailhead, travel about 15 miles to Elkhorn Drive (Forest Service Road 201), turn right onto FS Road 201 and travel about ½ mile the trailhead is on the left.
8 - 10 vehicles
Alerts & Warnings
- Middle Fork RD: Prescribed Burn Planned for 5/24/23
- Middle Fork RD: Road contruction on Rd 21 will cause delays
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023