Deception Butte Trailhead - Lower
This trailhead provides access to Deception Trail #3466
See Trail page for more information.
At a Glance
|Information Center:||Middle Fork Ranger Station|
The trailhead has changed for this trail in the last few years from Hwy 58 to Forest Road 5850 just a short distance up this road to the trailhead on the right.
How To Get There: From Eugene, Oregon, travel about 7.3 miles to Highway 58. Travel east on Highway 58 for approximately 31.5 miles, turn right on to Forest Road 5850, travel just a few hundred yards to the parking area on the right. (Note the trail is shared with a fitness trail for a few hundred feet) Follow sign to new portion of trail.
The upper end of the trail is reached by traveling back to the west on Highway 58 for 1.9 miles to Forest Road 5847. Forest Road 5847 is 2.4 miles west of the Middle Fork Ranger District office. Follow this road for 4.4 miles to Forest Road 549. Turn left and proceed 3.4 miles. The trailhead is located on the left side of the road.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023
- Helicopter Operations Near McKenzie Bridge Oct. 19 - March 1
- Carmen Diversion Reservoir closed through 2023