Crescent Mountain Trail #3384
Hikers begin gently dropping down toward Maude Creek beneath a peaceful old-growth canopy. After crossing the creek, the trail switchbacks through dense forest, before emerging into open hillsides carpeted with wildflowers in the spring. Unobstructed views of the new and old Cascade mountains greet you on top. Remnants of the old lookout remain.
More ambitious hikers can continue north for another 4 miles along the Crescent Mountain ridge and down the north side to South Pyramid Creek Trailhead on spur road 2067-572.
Access to this trail is at:
Alerts & Warnings
- Delays on Forest Road 46, temporary closure starting mid-December
- Landslide on Forest Road 19; one lane traffic
- FIRE CLOSURES: Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Portion of McKenzie River Trail closed; trail detour in place
- Christmas Tree Permits Available Now; 6th Annual Ornament Hunt Nov. 17-Dec. 31