Iron Mountain - Civil Road Trailhead
Trailhead for Iron Mountain Trail #3389
See trail page for more information.
From Sweet Home, Oregon travel approximately 32 miles east on Highway 20. Then turn left on Forest Service Road 035 and travel 2.6 miles to the trailhead.
This is the shortest route to the top. A restroom is located at this upper trailhead. You can take a loop hike around Iron Mountain by connecting this trail with the Cone Peak Trail and Santiam Wagon Road.
See also: Iron Mountain - Road 15 Trailhead
10 - 12 vehicles
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023
- Helicopter Operations Near McKenzie Bridge Oct. 19-Feb. 1
- Carmen Diversion Reservoir closed through 2023