Duffy Lake Trail #3427
Duffy Lake Trail connects to the Big Meadows area and to Mt. Jefferson Wilderness.
Big Meadows Area:
- The trail winds through Douglas-Fir, Western Hemlock forest crossing three minor streams and winding up some steeper slopes before reaching the junction with Big Meadows Tie Trail #3434 which connects to the Big Meadows Loop Trail #3456
Mt. Jefferson Wilderness access:
- Duffy Lake Trail heads east then turns more north before reaching junction with Turpentine Trail #3490. Trail continues past the junction with Turpentine Trail heading south and east to junction with Lava Lakes Trail #3433. Trail continues to final junction with Santiam Lake Trail #3491 and Blue Lake Trail #3422.
- List of connecting trails:
At a Glance
|Fees:||This site requires a Northwest Forest Pass or Interagency pass. To reduce the risk of theft, we no longer accept payment on-site. Day-use passes and annual passes are available electronically, by mail, and through local vendors.|
|Permit Info:||If entering from Duffy Lake trailhead: Central Cascades Wilderness Permits are required between June 15 and October 15 for both day and overnight use at this trailhead.
If entering from Big Meadows trailhead, there are two types of entry permits required.
|Closest Towns:||Marion Forks, Idanha and Detroit, Oregon|
|Water:||Water from streams and lakes should be filtered or treated.|
|Passes:||A valid recreation pass may be used as a form of fee payment.|
|Information Center:||Detroit Ranger Station|
General InformationGeneral Notes:
At Big Meadows Horsecamp there are nine camp sites with space enough for horse trailer and vehicle parking for two vehicles. At the actual trail entrance there is room enough for possibly three vehicles with horse trailers.
Duffy Lake Trailhead has enough space for parking 20 vehicles.
Please park horse trailers near the hitching post closer to the entrance of the loop rather than near the restroom and information kiosk boards.
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to Intermediate|
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Fall Pile Burning and Prescribed Fire Planned
- Portion of McKenzie River Trail closed; trail detour in place
- Christmas Tree Permits Available Now; 6th Annual Ornament Hunt Nov. 17-Dec. 31
- Forest Road 46 open from Detroit to Estacada