Lookout Creek Old Growth Trail #4105
This unique trail travels through an old growth vein of Douglas Fir, Cedar, and Hemlock trees as it follows Lookout Creek.
The trail crosses many streams and is steep and narrow in places. A bridge provides access to the trail on the south side of Lookout Creek from Lookout Creek West Trailhead on the north side of Lookout Creek near Forest Road 1506.
Alerts & Warnings
- Delays on Forest Road 46, temporary closure starting mid-December
- Landslide on Forest Road 19; one lane traffic
- FIRE CLOSURES: Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Portion of McKenzie River Trail closed; trail detour in place
- Christmas Tree Permits Available Now; 6th Annual Ornament Hunt Nov. 17-Dec. 31